Level: EASY 3+ A simple yet fun activity.
- Get children to trace around hands with pencil (or get an adult to help for little ones)
- Then get them to trace the pencil with black texta.
- Next is the messy part, using stamp pads show children how to work there way from pinkies to thumb. Immediately hands need to be wash (this will get messy). I used a baby wipe and it got most off but there will be staining.
- Extension: scan one print and photocopy it larger.
- Talk about finger prints being unique to the individual. Talk about identity and DNA.
- Talk about finger prints being used in society to catch criminals. How to you capture fingerprints? What is a detective?
- Early Childhood -Counting, Fine Motor coordination skills, identity and being
- Lower Primary -Science